September 29 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dentistry is changing faster today than at any time in modern history. The role of the monolithic restorations, Universal Adhesives, and digital needs to be understood and implemented in every dental practice. As a practicing clinician and as the Director of Education and Technology at Utah Valley Dental Lab, Dr. David Hornbook has a very unique perspective on these changes in what he has coined “living on both sides of the Bench.”
With a practice focused on metal-free, all-ceramic Aesthetic based dentistry, Dr. Hornbrook understands the importance of predictability, ease of use, and long-term success when deciding which restorative material and cementation option will provide the best results. As the Director of Technology at a State-of-the-Art Dental Lab, his day-to-day interaction with ceramists and other clinicians provides him with a thorough understanding of the problems both these groups face and how they are overcoming challenges and benefitting from CAD-CAM, Digital Wax-ups and Design, and high strength, aesthetic ceramic materials.
Join Dr. Hornbrook as he discusses:
- Esthetic, monolithic ceramics and when to use what.
- Deciphering the new dentinal adhesive agents and how can we combine ease of use with long-term predictability.
- When to adhesively “bond” and when we can use “Luting” agents and what’s available.
- PMMA long-term provisionals and how they are used to provisionalize implant sites and help sequence Full Mouth Rehabilitations.
- Bio-stimulating types of cement: how and when they can and should be used.
- Achieving highly Aesthetic anterior Implant results using the “H” Abutment.
- New changes in implant designs that allow for Screw-Retained Implant crowns where traditional designs made this impossible.
- The new milling machines for ZrO2, Lithium Disilicate and resins that yield more accurate and detailed restorations.
- Use of a computer-assisted-anesthetic delivery device to limit the amount of anesthesia used and allows for evaluation of Smile Designs with full lip mobility
- …and much more!
Please login to register for this event.