The Calgary & District Dental Society was founded by the Charter members of the society in Calgary on February 5, 1914.
The CDDS is an organization committed to promoting and teaching the benefits of oral health to the public, while promoting good fellowship within the Dental Profession to support the ethical and professional practice and scientific advancement of dentists practicing in the City of Calgary and District.
Who We Are
The mission of the Calgary & District Dental Society is to support Calgary and area dental professionals by:
- Providing excellent professional education,
- Providing networking opportunities,
- Promoting dentistry as a profession contributing to the community.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision statement is:
- To continuously promote excellence in Dental Health Care Education.
- To develop and optimize a positive attitude among our profession, as a caring group displaying leadership in our community. This society is neither a regulatory body nor an educational institute. However, it can play a pivotal role for both ourselves and the people we serve: our patients.
- To provide an environment for continual renewal, self-renewal with a congenial social atmosphere and a progressive curriculum.
As either a member of the public or a Dental Professional, we invite you to utilize the extensive resources, support, and benefits of this website and the Society itself. Existing to unite the community, Dental Professionals, and all other organizations and professions interested in the physical, moral, spiritual, and scientific well being of mankind as it relates to dentistry within this city and its district.
The Calgary and District Dental Society is a voluntary professional organization representing the dentists of the Calgary Region. It is dedicated to the highest ethical standards, involvement in the community, the provision of exemplary oral health care, and attainment of optimal health for the people of the Calgary Region.